A friend of mine is working as a journalist on a french radio, La Clé des Ondes, which is broadcasted as well on FM (Bordeaux area) and as a webradio.
I’m currently helping him to evaluate a migration from the current Windows proprietary streaming setup to free software solutions.
This post is more like a friendly reminder post-it for me, last time I’ve done such IT was on Debian 9, I didn’t even know that ifconfig disappeared :]
The idea is to find a free software solution that fits his needs, in other words, that allows him to perform at least as well as his current setup. There are a lot of existing solutions, but fortunately he already limited the search range on two linux clients : Rivendell and Libretime
The roadmap is the following :
- Reinstall an old unused rig with a fresh stable Debian
- Use KVM to spawn 3 virtual machines :
- One icecast2 server (for broadcasting)
- Solution A, connected to the icecast server, on stream 1
- Solution B, also connected to the icecast server, on stream 2